Updated September 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
In the online world, you sometimes have little control over your actions. What do I mean by that? Take the case where you receive an email with an attached file, accompanied by a virus or other type of malware. So, what do you do? Unconsciously of the true nature of the file, click Open and invite viruses and other malware to infect your computer. How about software that gives you detailed information about each file on your computer before you open it?
If you like the idea, look FileType ID, a reliable application that protects your computer from such vulnerabilities and helps you solve all your worries The easy and user-friendly application helps you view detailed information about a file by analyzing its binary signature. The program is particularly useful to see what type of file has been sent to you by e-mail.
FiletypeID is written in Python based on PyQt4 and TrIDLib. It can quickly and accurately scan any suspicious file on your PC. From now on, the program contains about 4697 file type definitions.
The program allows you to save a result in an easy to manage HTML document and share it with your friends to get a second opinion if something looks suspicious.
Using FileType ID
- An important feature of FileType ID is that it is portable and therefore does not require installation. The program can easily be copied to a USB stick and used as needed.
- After downloading the software, decompress it on your local system
- Then you can select the desired file (either by scrolling your folder or simply dragging and dropping it in the program window).
Then press the’Analyze’ button to force the results to be displayed.
- FileTypeID is useful, especially if you encounter a file without an extension you want to open. It is of little use if you already know the file type, as you can always search the Internet to find a program compatible with the file extension.
FileType ID is based on the trID file extension and runs under Windows 7, you can download it from code.google.com/p/filetypeid.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here