Updated March 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
You can now connect to your Surface or Windows 10 devices at the touch of a button or at a glance. Yes, this feature of Windows 10 can make it easier than ever to remember your face and connect. It is a biometric authentication method that uses advanced equipment such as front cameras and fingerprint scanners to identify users. It offers enterprise-wide security without the need to enter a password.
In this article, we will learn how to configure Windows Hello Face Detection and Fingerprint Reader on your Surface device. To obtain this last biometric authentication, you must first make sure that Windows 10 is updated on your interface.
Check the Windows 10 update and security settings and make sure your operating system is up to date. If you see any updates available, download them and install them on your computer.
The current Windows Hello setting is very simple. Simply go to your login options in your account settings on your interface device and you will see Windows Hello there.
See the step-by-step instructions for setting up face detection on your Surface device.
Configure Face Detection or Windows Hello
March 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
- Go to Settings > Accounts > Login Options.
- Locate Windows Hi and select the Infrared camera option.
- You will see a welcome message to Windows Hi-Box with the Start button.
- Click the button and your system will prompt you to look directly at your device screen.
- Although your camera can take your picture, you will notice some light to the left of your camera.
- Just look at the screen for a few seconds and you’re done. Follow the on-screen instructions for best results. Make sure your face is about 6-8 inches from your screen.
- Click Finish to complete the process.
If you are unsure of detection, click Enhance Detection and scan your face again with a different look.
Once you have done this, you can connect with Windows Hello.
Configuring the fingerprint reader
The fingerprint reader offers you the convenience of unlocking your device quickly and easily. With a fingerprint reader installed in your Surface device, you no longer have to worry about remembering a password again.
To configure the fingerprint reader on your Surface Pro 3 or Surface Pro 4, you need a Surface Pro 4 Type Cover with Fingerprint ID (available in the United States only).
Refer to the step-by-step instructions to configure the fingerprint reader on your Surface device.
Configure fingerprint reader
- Go to login options in your account settings.
- Locate Windows Hello and select the Fingerprint option.
- Select Setup.
- Place your finger on the fingerprint sensor on your Surface Pro 4 cover. You can select one or more fingers to be read by the scanner.
- You will be notified when the installation is complete.
- Connect with your touch and enjoy the fantastic experience of Surface Pro 4
See this article if Windows Hello does not recognize the face or fingerprint.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here