Updated February 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
If you’re having trouble opening web pages in Google Chrome, you can search for the words that download the proxy script in the lower left corner of your browser.
If you have this type of problem, the information in this article will help.
It is sometimes possible to temporarily fix Chrome’s slowness by making the browser be present and restarting it, but a problem like this, which occurs frequently, is certainly frustrating.
So you should try this quick fix to make your Chrome browser faster and less annoying.
Fix the problem of Chrome downloading proxy scripts on Windows:
Change the Auto-detection Settings
- Click on the Chrome menu, select Settings
- On the “Chrome Settings” page, scroll down and click on “Advanced
- Scroll down to “System” and click “Open Proxy Settings”.
- When the Internet Settings dialog box appears with the Connections tab, click on LAN Settings
- Tip: You can avoid all of the above steps. Type inetcpl.cpl in the Run dialog box to open the LAN settings and click the Connections tab.
- Uncheck the option “Automatically detect settings” under “Automatic configuration”, double-click OK to close the dialogs.
This will disable the automatic detection of the local network and you can immediately correct the error of downloading proxy scripts to Chrome. You can verify this by opening your Google Chrome browser and trying to open a web page where your browsing speed should return to normal.
The main reason is actually simple. It’s just that Chrome is trying to get the proxy settings from Windows. By default, Windows, whether it’s 10, 8 or 7, is configured to automatically detect LAN settings and apply them accordingly. So Chrome relies on this setting to get the proxy settings. On some Windows computers, it takes a long time to retrieve these settings. There are many reasons for this behavior, such as system crashes, corrupted files, etc.
I hope this will help you. Please comment below on your thoughts and experiences using the above method to correct the error of downloading proxy scripts in Chrome.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.