Updated December 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Many users have reported an error on their system when changing Windows themes – “Windows Can’t Find One of the Files in this Theme”. This error was random, and users reported that they had not made any changes to the system design before they encountered the error. Clicking Yes in the error window is not a solution, as it appears from time to time.
Windows can’t find one of the files in this theme. Do you still want to save the theme?
How to get rid of Windows can not find any of the files in this Windows subject 10 errors.
Run the System File Checker (SFC) and see if it can help you. Please follow these steps:
a. Press Windows + X and click on the command prompt (admin).
b. Type the following command at the command prompt and press Enter.
The System File Checker is a Windows utility that allows users to check Windows system files for errors and recover corrupted files.
Disable your custom screensaver
One of the most common causes of this error is a custom screen saver that is not designed to work with the Windows Themes function. If you have noticed that this error occurs after a period of inactivity, it is very likely that disabling your screensaver is all you need to solve the problem.
If you like screensavers and have found that the one you activated caused the problems, try reinstalling it or replacing it with another one that does not interfere with the synchronization function of the Windows theme.
Itemized Potential Solutions
- Via Settings -> Customization -> Themes, you can first simply try to modify the topic you defined when the problem occurs and then reset it to the topic you defined – see if this has been fixed.
- Under Settings -> Customization -> Drawings -> Change your current drawing to another drawing, then go to %windir%\Resources\Thèmes or %local Appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Thèmes or %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Thèmes and delete the drawing (and, if applicable, the corresponding folder name) specified when the message appears.
- Then, under Settings -> Customization -> Topics -> More Topics -> More Topics in Microsoft Store, click Get More Topics and download the topic you deleted, then reset it – see if it is fixed.
Disable Themes synchronization
The best way to fix the bug is to disable topic synchronization. Windows will display the error message if it synchronizes and a requested item does not exist. If you disable topic synchronization in Windows 10, Windows stops synchronizing the topic so that Windows stops sending the files in this error message. To disable theme synchronization, do the following.
- Right-click anywhere on your Windows 10 desktop.
- Select Customize.
- In the left pane, select Wage Types.
- Under Associated Settings, click Synchronize your settings.
- Disable the synchronization settings to disable them.
- Restart your computer.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.