Last Updated on November 13, 2020
Updated November 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Like many other games, Prototype 2 was released late on PC. The game is now available for computer gamers, and fans should already like it. However, some PC users may not have been able to launch the game properly due to some bugs and other technical issues, which we fix in this Bug & Fix Guide for Prototype 2.
Prototype 2 is an open-world adventure video game released in 2012, developed by Radical Entertainment and published by Activision. It is a sequel to Prototype (2009), available for Microsoft Windows, Xbox, etc. E. Although the game has quite good graphics and gameplay with interesting missions, some Windows users may even have problems launching or running the game. If you are also a member and have a similar problem, check out the Action to fix the Prototype 2 failure when you start Windows.
There may be various reasons for the failure of Prototype 2 on your PC, which we mentioned below.
- The configuration of your PC is not compatible with the minimum requirements of the game.
- Some game files are missing or damaged.
- Outdated video driver or Windows version.
- Problems with the DirectX version.
- The problem may be overlay applications or game clients.
- Configure graphics settings.
- Windows Firewall or antivirus blocks the game.
- Solve problems with Internet connection.
Check system requirements for Prototype 2.
These are the minimum system requirements for Prototype 2:
- RAM: 2 GB
- Video card: ATI Radeon HD 4850
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E4700
- Prototype file size 2: 10 GB
- Operating System: Windows® XP / Vista / 7
System requirements recommended by Prototype 2:
- RAM: 4 GB
- Video card: ATI Radeon HD 5850
- Processor prototype 2: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400
- File size: unknown
- Operating System: Windows 7
Automatically test your computer for compliance with Prototype 2 system requirements. Make sure you can run the game on your computer using our free and easy to use detection tool, or log in manually.
Start the game in compatibility mode
Keep in mind that this game was originally released many years before Windows 10. Thus, it was not designed for use with the latest Microsoft operating system. Fortunately, it is not a problem, because you can easily configure the Prototype 2 executable to work as an old infrastructure in Windows 7.
Many affected users have confirmed that this update is the only one that will allow them to play the game without crashing every time they access the first download screen.
If this scenario applies, and you are trying to play Prototype 2 in Windows 10, follow the instructions below to change the behavior of the executable to make it work in Windows 7 compatibility mode:
- Open the explorer and browse to the folder where you installed Prototype 2. In the game folder, right-click prototype2.exe and select “Properties” from the context menu.
- In the “Properties” menu, click the “Compatibility” tab at the top of the vertical menu. Then check the Run this program in compatibility mode checkbox, and then select Windows 7 from the drop-down menu.
- Then click Apply to save your changes. Then restart the game and see if the problem has been solved.
Deactivate Steam Overlay
- Open Steam in Windows.
- Go to “Settings”> click “In-game.
- Select the check box to uncheck “Enable Steam overlays in game”.
- When the check box is unchecked, click OK.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.