Last Updated on November 3, 2020
Updated November 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Xbox One allows you to install both the application and games on the console. Well, installing games on your hard drive is very advantageous, because games start faster.
However, on the contrary, many users have reported that when they try to install an Xbox One game from a floppy disk, the installation process ends up with a 0% or almost 0% failure.
Some also reported that the Xbox One installation stopped at 99% or almost 99%.
So, without wasting time, you should investigate possible solutions to fix the installation error that stopped on Xbox One.
The most common cause of an Xbox One bug that causes the installation to stop is when a console tries to download an update for a game while you download and install a digital game.
If this is not the case, there are many other reasons why the installation of Xbox One has been stopped:
- The locally saved game files can be corrupted.
- The game requires a lot of disk space to install, and if there is not enough disk space to install the Xbox game, an error will also occur.
- In some cases the installation on Xbox One may fail because the console is not up-to-date.
- You login with the wrong Xbox account or with an account that is often ignored.
- Even if you try to install the Xbox One game on an external hard drive.
- If an error occurs in Xbox One or the service does not work, you may also encounter an error “Xbox One Installation Stopped”.
Remove locally saved games and try to reinstall the game.
To smoothly troubleshoot the Xbox One installation bug, simply follow these steps to remove damaged game files that you saved locally.
Step 1 Make sure that your console does not have a drive.
Step 2: Click the Xbox button on the main screen to open the instructions.
Step 3 Navigate through the settings, all settings, system and memory.
Step 4: Now click Delete locally saved games. (Note: This option deletes only those data that were saved locally. Game files and progress saved in the Xbox Live cloud are not deleted).
Step 5 Click Yes to confirm this process. Then you can restart the console and see if the problem has been solved.
Check the status of the Xbox Live services.
Sometimes you need access to Xbox Live to install games. However, if Xbox Live encounters problems and its services do not work, you may encounter problems during the installation process.
Some installations require Xbox Live Core and social and gaming services to work and if these two services are not available you may encounter problems during the installation process.
Unfortunately, this is a problem with the server and you can only wait for Microsoft to fix it. However, you can easily check the status of the Xbox Live services on the Xbox website.
Power cycle the Xbox One
Some installation problems can be solved by resetting Xbox One. This can work if the problem is caused by an accidental error during a long console run.
Checking disk space
- If you add a lot of games, your console may not have enough memory to install a new game. Check the box on Xbox One to see if there’s a problem with the storage space. Follow these steps:
- Click on the Xbox button to open the instructions.
- System Select
- Go to applications and system notifications.
- Check if there are notifications of insufficient or no free disk space. Xbox One will notify you when free space is running out.
- When you are notified of a lack of disk space, you must either delete the content to free up space or add an external drive.
Make sure you are using the correct account.
Sometimes you may encounter installation problems if you log on with an incorrect account.
All of your games are linked to your Xbox account, and if you have more than one console account, you need to make sure that you are logged on with the account you used to buy the game.
Remember that this only applies to digital downloads.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.