Updated November 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Looks like you need help on how to delete an Instagram account. You’ve come to the right place.
Are you concerned about the threat to privacy posed by Instagram? Do you need a break from social media? Any experience with cyberbullying? Are you done with the photo sharing application?
Whatever the reason, this article covers everything you need to know about deactivating and deleting Instagram accounts.
Backup your Instagram Account Data
Instagram does not retain any of your profile data once you have deleted your account. Please continue and save your profile data before deleting your Instagram account.
How to save your Instagram account profile Photos, comments, etc.
- Log in to your Instagram account from your favorite web browser on your PC.
- On the start page, click on the profile icon in the upper right corner of the page.
- Click Edit Profile next to your username.
- Click on Privacy and Security in the left column.
- On the Privacy and Security page, under the Data Download section, click on Download Request.
- On the next page, Instagram requests an email address to send you a link to a file containing your Instagram profile information. Enter your email address and click Next.
- Instagram will email you a link where you can download your data.
Note: The link may take up to 48 hours to arrive in your email. Do not add any other information to your account during this period. (Logging out of your Instagram account)
Once you have received the email containing the link to your account details, continue and download the file to your PC.
How to Permanently Delete your Instagram Account
By deleting your Instagram account, all your profile data (photos, messages, videos, etc.) will be permanently deleted. If you just want to take a break from Instagram, you can only temporarily disable your Instagram account.
To permanently delete your account:
- From a mobile browser or computer, go to the Delete Account page. If you are not connected to Instagram on the web, you will first be prompted to log in. You cannot delete your account from the Instagram application.
- Select an option from the drop-down menu next to Why delete your account? and re-enter your password. The ability to permanently delete your account will only appear after you select a pattern from the menu.
- Click or press to permanently delete my account.
If you want to delete another account:
- Click or press the username in the upper right corner of the Delete Your Account page.
- Click or type next to the user name and select Logout.
- Log in again as the account you wish to delete and follow the instructions above.
After deleting your account, you will no longer be able to log in with the same username if you decide to create another Instagram account at a later date. Instagram also cannot reactivate deleted accounts.
If you do not wish to permanently disconnect from your Instagram account, I am here to explain how to temporarily deactivate your Instagram account.
These days, it is important to do everything in your power to stay safe in social media and avoid becoming a victim of cybercriminals.
If you would like to know more about how you can protect your privacy online
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.