Updated September 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Error code 80240016 is common on all Windows operating systems when trying to install updates. It usually appears when there is a Windows 10 or Windows 7 update failure or a networking issue.
In this guide, we’ll look at all of these causes, including ways to help resolve this issue on your device.
What causes error 80240016 in Windows 10?
- A problem with your Internet connection.
- Temp file location contains active malware.
How to fix error 80240016 in Windows 10?
Launch the Windows Update troubleshooter
- Right-click on the Windows icon and select the gear icon (Settings) from the Power menu.
- When the new window appears, select the Update and Security category.
- Now click on Troubleshooting and then on the Windows Update section in the corresponding right pane.
- Here, click the Run Troubleshooting button.
- Wait a few minutes for the problem to be automatically detected and, if possible, fixed.
Uninstall suspicious or recently installed programs
- Launch the Control Panel.
- Click on Programs -> Programs and Features.
- Click on Installed to sort all programs in order of their installation date.
- Select recently installed programs and click Uninstall.
- A confirmation window will appear. Click Yes to confirm the uninstallation.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Perform a full virus scan
- Go to Cortana and type Windows Defender in the text box. Click on the first result to launch it.
- When you launch this security app, select the shield icon (virus and threat protection) and then the scan options.
- Select the Full Scan checkbox, then Scan Now.
- This process will take a few minutes, so wait accordingly.
- Then restart your computer and try installing the pending update again.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here