Updated November 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Xbox One gamers have a number of problems when trying to connect to the console.
Error code 0x9b100041 appears on the Xbox One when some customers try to launch video games such as Oblivion or Future 2. Most affected customers report that the error appears as quickly as they start the game.
What Causes Error Code 0x9b100041 on Xbox One?
- Remaining temporary folders
- Damage to the game installation
- Damaged account data
- Dirty or damaged hard disk
- Damaged buffered data
Report the Problem with the Xbox Insider Hub
You can also report this issue using the Xbox Insider Hub application so that we can investigate it further:
- Install the Xbox Insider Hubapp on your console (if you don’t already have it).
- Press and hold down the Xbox button on the controller
- From the Power menu, select Report a Problem.
- Describe the problem in detail, including when it occurred, whether you saw any codes or error messages, and whether you were using specific games, software, hardware, or accessories when the problem occurred.
Perform an Xbox One Power Cycle
You can reboot your Xbox One console, perform a full power cycle, or physically disconnect it to restart it completely and fix many common problems. This process will not delete any of your games or data.
To physically power cycle Xbox One console:
- Turn off your console by pressing and holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds. The console will turn off.
- Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.
If you don’t see the green startup animation when you restart the console, repeat these steps. Be sure to hold down the power button until the console is completely turned off.
If your console is in Instant Power On mode, the above steps will turn it completely off. Instant-On Power mode, or the ability to turn the console on with “Xbox on,” is not enabled until you restart the console.
Reinstall the Game
If you encounter this problem with Oblivion or Destiny 2, it is also possible that the problem was introduced with the installation of a bad update (most likely an unexpected interruption caused the corruption of some data).
If this scenario is true, you should be able to resolve the problem quickly by reinstalling the game with each extension or add-on. The success of this operation has been confirmed by many concerned users.
If you don’t know how to uninstall and then reinstall an Xbox One game, follow the instructions below:
- Press the Xbox button on your console to open the Guide menu. Once it opens, go to the Games and Applications submenu.
- From the Games & Applications menu, scroll down the list of installed items, highlight them, press the Start button on your controller, and select Manage Game.
- From the Manage menu that you want to uninstall, use the Uninstall All option in the right pane to ensure that the base game is uninstalled with all updates and add-ons installed.
- When the uninstallation of the game is complete, return to the Manage menu (left) and go to the Ready to Install section. Then go to the right panel and click Install All to force the installation of the game (and any updates and add-ons).
- Once the game is downloaded and reinstalled, restart the game and see if the problem is now solved.
Add your Xbox Live Account Again
If you are unable to update your console and receive the error code 0x9b100041 Xbox One, you may want to consider adding your Xbox Live account again to avoid this. Here’s how to do this.
- Press the Xbox key, and then click System.
- Navigate to Settings > Account > Delete Account. Here you can select the account that you want to delete.
- Select Close and restart the console. Then start adding the Xbox Live account again.
- Press the Xbox button and select Login > Add and Manage.
- Enter the login information for the account and check the privacy settings.
- Select a color for the profile, and then click Next.
- Once you have confirmed the gamerpic, select Next. Finally, select Save my password or Ask me for my password to complete the process.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.