Updated March 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Instagram stopped working due to a major Facebook failure.
On Instagram – as on other applications – the problems seem to be limited to a certain part of the site. Users report that their feeds can be loaded, but it is not possible to post anything new.
Otherwise, an error message will appear, indicating “Photo cannot be posted”, depending on the user who is experiencing the problem.
Check The Connection Between Facebook And Instagram
The ability to share depends on the connection between your Instagram account and your Facebook account.
Many users have found that checking and sometimes resetting the link is enough for Instagram for Facebook shares to be operational again. To check the connection between Facebook and Instagram in your Instagram account:
- Open the Instagram application on your device.
- Tap on Settings in your profile.
- Press Account
- Then tap Linked accounts.
- Select Facebook from the list and you will be redirected to the Facebook application on your device.
- You may also be prompted to connect to Facebook and check the link from Facebook by following these instructions:
March 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
When you first see Facebook in the list of linked accounts, it should be blue with the Facebook logo next to it, as well as your name associated with your Facebook account.
If you type on Facebook, you should be able to connect to Facebook from Instagram by typing “Login”.
If this doesn’t work, let’s reset the link to make sure Facebook is properly authenticated and linked to your Instagram account. Based on the linked accounts you brought to perform the above steps:
- Tap Disconnect account.
- Then tap Facebook again.
- A dialog box asks you: “Do you want to continue as “Your Name”, where “Your Name” is your name associated with your Facebook account?
- Assuming you link Instagram to the right Facebook account, press Continue.
- A dialog box will appear with the question: “Enable Facebook sharing?
- Tap Start sharing on Facebook.
- This will link or re-link your Facebook account to your Instagram account and allow you to share Instagram images with Facebook.
Try the following steps from the Instagram application
- In the Instagram application, tap on the icon of your profile (currently at the bottom right).
- Tap on the gear icon (currently to the right of Edit Profile).
- Scroll down to Linked Accounts under Options.
- Under Sharing Settings, make sure that the Facebook icon is highlighted (currently blue).
- If this is not the case (and it is greyed out), tap the Facebook icon option.
- If you have already logged into Facebook using Instagram, you should receive a message similar to this one: “You have already logged into Instagram using Facebook. Do you want to continue?
- Tap on Next.
- You should then be redirected to the Instagram Share Settings screen. If the process was successful, the Facebook icon should now be highlighted in blue, and you should be able to share again on Facebook from Instagram.
Log out and Log in on Both Apps
Sometimes, a simple solution like logging out fixes problems with Facebook and Instagram. Since it is essential to link the Facebook account and Instagram, we perform a universal reset by logging out.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.