Updated January 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Some Adobe users encounter a strange problem when they try to shut down, log off, or reboot their Windows 10 PC. They encounter the error LogTransport2.exe 0xc0000142, which results in slow mouse and keyboard performance. Affected users have expressed their concerns on various forums because this Adobe error takes longer than usual to respond to the keyboard and mouse.
Some experts suggest changing a registry entry to fix this bug. In addition, a second option is to update the application, as a possible cause of this problem could be an outdated version of Adobe Reader or Acrobat. So, in this article, you will find effective solutions to fix the LogTransport2.exe 0xc0000142 error in Windows 10.
What causes LogTransport2.exe – application error
After thoroughly investigating this problem, it turned out that several different scenarios can trigger this error:
Data Transfer Failure: If the error occurs when your local Adobe installation sends usage data to an Adobe server, you should be able to prevent the error from occurring again by changing the permissions on the UsageCC registry key to prevent your local installation from communicating with the Adobe server.
Malware or adware infection: In some documented circumstances, this problem occurs because your Adobe installation is affected by an adware or malware infection. In most cases, this problem occurs because the malware masquerades as the legitimate LogTransport2.exe file. In this case, the most effective way to solve the problem is to run a Malwarebytes scan to quarantine all files affected by the corrupted material.
Damaged Adobe product installation: It turns out that this problem can also occur if the local installation of your Adobe product (most likely, Adobe Reader) contains corrupt files that affect file sharing. In this case, you can solve the problem by repairing the corrupt installation.
Outdated version of Adobe Reader: Another scenario that can cause this problem is using an outdated version of Adobe Reader that cannot update itself due to a partially corrupted auto-update feature. In this case, you need to update the program to the latest version via the Help menu to fully resolve the problem.
Data Exchange Lock: It turns out that one of the most common causes of this error is the data exchange between your local installation and the Adobe user data server. One way to prevent this error from occurring is to go to your account’s Privacy page and disable “Machine Lean” and “Desktop and Application Usage.”
Now that you know all the potential culprits, here’s a list of tried and true methods to fix this problem.
How to Troubleshoot LogTransport2.exe – application error
Exit the improvement program via the registry
If you are using a newer version of Adobe Acrobat software, you may not find the enhancement program option described in the method above. Use this method to disable the enhancement program using the registry editor.
- Press Windows + R to open the Run application.
- Type “Regedit” in the text box and press ENTER to open the registry editor.
- Navigate to the following directory
Tip: The name of the last folder depends on the software you are using. In my case, it is Reader 9
- Right-click in the empty area of the main window and select “New” -> “DWORD Value (32 bits)” and name the new DWORD file “OptIn” (skip this step if you already have an OptIn DWORD file).
- Open the OptIn DWORD file, set its value to 0, and click OK.
- Close the registry editor and restart your computer.
Unregister the Acrobat enhancement program
The product enhancement program is not an important feature and we can unregister it, this will solve all the problems associated with log shipping services.
- Open your Acrobat product
- Find the “Help” option in the top toolbar and click it.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Adobe Product Enhancement Program.”
- When the dialog box appears, select “Do Not Participate,” “Do Not Allow,” or “No,” whichever you choose.
Restore the installation
Adobe Acrobat Reader has a built-in restore feature that you can use to restore any corrupted file, here are the steps to follow:
- Open Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Click on Help and select “Installation Repair”.
- Click on the “Yes” button.
- Allow Windows to fix the problem, then restart your computer.
Updating the Acrobat Software
This error is sometimes caused by outdated Adobe software. In this case, it is recommended that you update your Acrobat software by following these steps:
- Open your Acrobat product.
- Locate and click on the Help option in the top toolbar.
- Click the Check for Updates button.
- Download and install the update.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
Frequently Asked Questions
The problem is probably that LogTransport2.exe cannot connect to its servers to send log data. Adobe allows you to disable some privacy settings through your online account. After synchronizing these changes with the Adobe software package, the LogTransport2 shutdown error should be resolved.
LogTransport2.exe is an executable file that is part of Adobe Acrobat, a group of software and web services created by Adobe for creating, viewing, editing, and printing Portable Document Format (PDF) files. This process is associated with online services. Executable files can damage your computer in some cases.
Open your default browser and click the Adobe Privacy tab. After logging in, go to Desktop Application Usage and uncheck Yes, I want to share information about my use of Adobe desktop applications.
- Exit the Acrobat enhancement program.
- Deactivate the enhancement program through the registry.
- Update the Acrobat software.
- Repair the installation.
- Uninstall and reinstall the software.