Updated March 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
The print spooler does not open, the user is greeted with the error code 0x800706b9 and an error message that, in most cases, indicates that the computer does not have sufficient resources to start the print spooler service.
The Print Spooler is a Windows program that allows your Windows computer to communicate with your printer and order and start printing, scanning, faxing and photocopying. The latest and best version of Windows is currently Windows 10, and a number of users who have upgraded to Windows 10 have also complained that their computers cannot communicate with their printers and that the print drawers on their computers do not open.
Users can no longer use their printers with error and when they open the services.msc window to launch the Print Spooler services, they receive the following error message:
Windows could not start the Print Spooler service on Local Computer.
Error 0x800706b9: Not enough resources are available to complete this operation.
March 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
Check the Print spooler:
- Open your Home screen by selecting the Windows key at the bottom left of your computer screen or the Windows key at the bottom left of your keyboard, to the right of the Ctrl key.
- Enter the execution type in the start screen.
- Click Run to open the Run dialog box.
- In the Run field, enter the name services.msc and choose OK.
- When the Services window opens, scroll down to the Print Spooler display.
- Click once on Print Spooler to highlight it.
- If you see Start in the upper left corner, it means that your printing spooler is stopped (not good). But we’ll leave that for now.
- If you see Stop or Restart in the upper left corner, it means that your print spooler has actually started. Please click on Stop to temporarily stop the service.
- Minimize this window, because we have to come back here.
Troubleshooting the printer
Perform the printer troubleshooting and check. Please follow these steps:
a. Press the Windows + W buttons, type the troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.
b. Click on Show All, then on Printer.
c. Click on “Next” and follow the instructions on the screen.
Uninstall any third-party programs that protect your system.
Many Windows 10 users who suffered from error 0x800706b9 and overcame it reported that the culprit behind the problem was a third-party system protection program (in most cases a Kaspersky program). So if you have this problem and you have a third-party antivirus, anti-malware or firewall on your computer – especially if you have Kaspersky programs installed – this solution has a good chance of finding the right solution for you.
1. press Windows + R, type regedit and press Enter to open the registry editor.
2. navigate to the next registry key :
3. select the Spooler button in the left pane, then find the DependOnService channel in the right pane.
Double-click on the DependOnService string and change its value by deleting the HTTP part and simply leaving the RPCSS part.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.