Last Updated on January 27, 2022
Updated September 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
The main problem that Discord users face is that Discord hangs up when logging in, especially when making voice calls. If Discord hangs when logging in, it can completely ruin your gaming experience and frustrate you. However, this problem can be easily solved, and with the right solution, you’ll soon be able to call your fellow gamers without any problems.
Below, we have explained many reasons why your Discord app may get stuck when connecting and ways to fix them.
What causes the “Discord hangs up when logging in” error?
- VPN: Discord only works with VPNs that have UDP.
- Conflicting applications: Many applications interfere with Discord.
- Antivirus software: Third-party antivirus software is a known cause of various connectivity problems.
- Proxy server: Discord is based on User Datagram Protocol (UDP), so most proxy servers cannot work with Discord.
How do I fix the ‘Discord remain on connecting’ Problem?
Changing network settings
- Right-click on the Windows Start menu and select Settings from the list.
- In the Settings window select Network and Internet.
- In the left window, switch to Proxy.
- Then, on the right side of the window, disable the Use proxy server option under Manual Proxy Setup.
- You can then restart Discord and check if Discord’s blocking problem when connecting has been resolved.
Changing your DNS settings
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard to display the Run dialog box.
- Type ncpa.CPL in the Run dialog box and press Enter.
- A list of all Internet connections will be displayed.
- Right-click the Internet connection you are using and select Properties.
- Scroll down to find the Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPV4) option, double-click it, and select the “Use the following DNS server addresses” option.
- Then change the DNS server addresses to the following addresses.
Preferred DNS server: 188.8.131.52.8
Alternate DNS server: 184.108.40.206
- Click OK to save your changes.
- You can then run Steam and see if the “Discord hangs on connection” problem has been resolved.
Allow Discord to work through the firewall
- Type Control in the Windows search box and click on the most appropriate Control Panel option.
- In the Control Panel window, set the large icons to display and select Windows Defender Firewall.
- Then select an application or feature through Allow Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click the Change Settings button. Then scroll down the list, find Discord, select the checkbox and click OK.
- After allowing Discord through the firewall, you can try restarting Discord and see if the Discord login blocking problem is resolved.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
Frequently Asked Questions
The problem with Discord freezing when logging in may be related to your Internet connection or proxy settings. Many users have reported that the problem of Discord freezing on connection is solved after changing the network settings so that the proxy server is not used.
Your iPhone or Android smartphone may be connected to a non-functioning Wi-Fi signal. Turn off the Wi-Fi to use your mobile network and see if that allows you to connect to Discord. Close the app properly and open it again. Close the Discord app, wait a few seconds, and then open it again.
- Reboot your device.
- Switch between Wi-Fi and mobile data.