Last Updated on June 29, 2021
Updated December 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
DLL files are secondary files that allow an application to run in the Windows operating system, and when these files are damaged or missing, you start encountering DLL errors, and one such error is chakracore.dll missing.
When this file is corrupted, it affects the application’s ability to interact with the Internet. There are several different causes of the Chakracore.dll error.
What causes the ‘Chakracore.dll is Missing’ problem?
Unregistered Chakracore.dll file: If the Chakracore.dll file is not registered in the system registry, the system will generate the error discussed.
Outdated version of Windows: An outdated version of Windows can cause many problems for the user. If you are using an outdated version that is incompatible with the application version, your system will generate a “Missing Chakracore.dll” error if it cannot be initialized.
Damaged software installation: If you are using a third-party application, it may be using its own local Chakra file. If it is missing and the global file is present, you may get this error message.
Damaged system files: System files are part of the operating system. If any of these files are corrupt, you may encounter unexpected problems, such as.
Malware/virus infection: Malware/virus infecting the system can also cause many problems, including this one.
How to solve the “Chakracore.dll is Missing” issue?
Resetting Windows 10
Users can reset Windows 10 to factory settings, which will reinstall the operating system and restore missing system files.
- To reset the platform, type reset in the Windows 10 search bar.
- Click Reset this PC to open a window.
- Click the Get Started button.
- Select the Save my files option.
- Click Next and Reset to continue.
Restoring Windows 10 to an earlier date
Restoring Windows 10 to a time when there was no chakracore.dll issue on the user’s computer can also solve the problem.
- To do this, open “Run” using the Windows + R key combination.
- Type ‘rstrui’ in the Open text box and click OK, which will open the system restore utility.
- Click Next to continue.
- Select the Show more restore points checkbox to expand the selection of restore points.
- Select the restore point that will return Windows to the time when the Chakracore.dll error message did not appear.
- Users lose software and updates that were installed after the selected restore point.
- For more information, click Scan affected programs.
- Click Next and Finish to begin system recovery.
Reinstall the affected software
If the chakracore.dll error occurs in a particular program, try reinstalling it.
- To do this, invoke the Run command by pressing the Windows + R key combination.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run menu and click OK.
- Select the program where the chkracore.dll error occurs from the Programs and Features tab.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Then click Yes to uninstall the software for later confirmation.
- Restart Windows after uninstalling the software.
- Then reinstall the latest version of the uninstalled software.
Run the System File Checker
System File Checker, which recovers damaged or missing DLL files, is a likely solution to the “chakracore.dll is missing” error.
- To run the SFC scan, open the search utility by pressing Windows + S.
- Type cmd in the search box and select Run as administrator in the Command Prompt section.
- Enter the following command in the Command Prompt window and press Return before running the system file scan: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth.
- Then type SFC /scannow at the command prompt and press Return.
- Wait for the scan to finish, which may take more than 30 minutes.
- After that, restart Windows if the scan was able to recover some files.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
Frequently Asked Questions
Chakracore.dll is a file associated with Microsoft Chakra (Private) and is a dynamic link library file. This file is part of your Windows 10 system or operating system files, and some important system programs require it.
- Never download a .dll file.
- Reboot your computer.
- Recover deleted files.
- Remove malicious programs.
- Restore your system.
- Reinstall an application.
- Update your drivers.
- Update Windows.
Type "sfc /scannow", then press "Enter". System File Checker scans your system and replaces missing or corrupt files on your system with files on your Windows hard drive. Follow the instructions on the screen. When it is complete, restart your computer.
- Run the built-in System File Checker tool to replace missing or corrupt operating system files.
- Run the DISM tool and restore a Windows system image and repair corrupted Windows component memory.
- Repair or reinstall the software if the application causes this error.