Updated December 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
Has your printer suddenly stopped working and is now displaying Epson error code 0X97? There is no need to panic. Here you will find the solution to your problem. In this article, you will learn how to solve Epson printer error code 0X97 on your own. Just follow the troubleshooting steps in the order given and fix your Epson printer error code 0X97.
What causes Epson error code 0x97?
Epson error code 0x97 is a kind of warning of an internal hardware problem with your printer. The cause could be a faulty motherboard or other type of internal component failure. If this error appears on the screen, it is probably because some internal component of your printer is not working properly.
How to resolve the Epson error code 0x97?
Launch the Windows printer troubleshooter
- First, press the Windows key.
- Then type “Troubleshooting.”
- Click on “Troubleshooting settings.”
- Select “Printers.”
- Now click on “Run Troubleshooting.”
- The troubleshooting process begins. Then open the printer and see if the problem is resolved.
Updating your Epson printer driver
- On the taskbar, right-click the device icon.
- Then click on “Update Software”.
- In the printer settings window, click the “Utility” tab.
- Then select “Update Driver“.
- You can also go to “Start”, select “Epson”/”Epson Software” and click on “Epson Software Updater”.
Restarting your Epson printer
- Start by turning off the Epson printer.
- Then unplug the printer.
- Unplug any cables connected to the product.
- Allow 5 minutes for the printer to cool down.
- Then press the Power button on the product for one minute.
- Hold down the power button and reconnect the power cord to the Epson printer.
- Hold down the “Power” button for another minute.
- Then stop pressing the Power button.
Turn the Epson printer off and then on again
- Unplug any cables connected to your Epson printer.
- Open the printer and make sure there is no paper jam.
- Then safely remove the cartridges from the Epson printer.
- When the product is completely disconnected from the power source, press and hold the Power button.
- Now reconnect all the cables to the product.
- Start the printer up and use it without any problems.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
Frequently Asked Questions
Error code 0x97 is a kind of warning that occurs when there is an internal hardware problem in your Epson printer. This error occurs for several reasons, such as a motherboard failure or another internal component error.
- Use the Microsoft Printer Troubleshooting Tool.
- Disconnect and reconnect the connector.
- Wipe the printer with a damp cloth.
- Update the drivers.
- Contact a professional hardware technician.
You can try updating the driver. The latest drivers can be found on the official Epson website. Check the website for your printer model number.
Disconnect the cables and connectors. Allow the printer to rest for 5 minutes. Then press the power switch for 60 seconds. Hold down the power button while you reconnect all the cables.