Last Updated on October 13, 2020
Updated November 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
You are annoyed with the ROBLOX error message, which indicates that there was a connection problem while receiving data. Please reconnect?
You may also find a message with a ROBLOX error code 260 that says the server is not working as expected.
Don’t panic, because this ROBLOX error code can be cleared in just 2 minutes. This article will show you how to fix error 260 ROBLOX.
What is the cause of Roblox error code 260?
Before jumping into the guide and fixing the bug. You should be aware of the possible causes of this error.
There are many reasons why you might encounter Roblox error code 260.
- Roblox network port blocked by firewall
- VPN enabled
- Antivirus blocks Roblox
- Corrupted Roblox browser settings
- blocked account
- Roblox app blocked by firewall
- Roblox server is down
- Internet problems
- Connection problem
Configure Firewall for Roblox
- Windows Key + S or just click the search bar on the taskbar.
- Find “Firewall”
- Click Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security.
- Find and click “Inbound Rules”.
- In the Inbound Rules section, click New Rule.
- Select “Port” from the menu that appears.
- Set the rule type to “UDP”
- Set the port type to “Specific local ports” and enter “49152-65535” (you can also do this separately by adding two new rules, one of which will be “49152” and the other is “65535”, which is easier / not a waste places.)
- Leave the default settings and click Next.
- The same goes for this, leave the default setting and click Next.
- (Last step). You can name it whatever you want, then click Finish. Finished!
Make sure you are not banned
Make sure you are not excluded from Roblox. You can just try everything mentioned in this guide, but nothing will help if you get blocked. There are three ways to check if you are blocked or not.
First of all, understand if you are getting error code 260 on a specific server. Then it means that the error doesn’t matter and you will be banned by that particular game creator. On the other hand, if you get the code on almost all servers, it means that you have been banned by Roblox Devs.
First try playing the game on different platforms and see if you can play it. There are many versions of Roblox and they are all free. For PC users, I would recommend switching between the browser and the Windows 10 app. Console users should probably try Android and see if they can play. Just make sure you can get Inside games or the problem will be with your Roblox account.
You can also try entering your ID in the player url and see if your account exists. Also check your inbox if you receive any alerts or blocked messages.
The above step by step solution will fix your Roblox 260 error code on Windows 10 PC easily.
Follow the instructions to return to the game.
For more information on Xbox Roblox Error 260, click on the comment below to let us know.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.