Updated March 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
If your Windows 7 computer displays an error message 0x0000006B at startup, it is likely that no Windows 7 Service Pack is installed. The Blue Screen Of Death (stop error) occurs after a crash at startup, even before the identification information is displayed.
This problem occurs because the Bootcat.cache file is corrupted or because the Bootcat.cache file has been resized since the last successful boot. This error occurs on client and server computers and smartphones.
Use the SFC command to repair damaged system files.
On Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, the integrated Windows SFC (System File Checker) tool automatically analyzes a computer’s system files and repairs them if necessary.
Here are the steps to run SFC:
March 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
Boot from your Windows install disc
Click on Repair your computer after selecting proper language, time and keyboard input.
Select the Windows installation drive, which is usually C:\, and click Next
Choose Command Prompt when the System Recovery Options box appears
Write the following command and press Enter afterwards:
sfc /scannow /offbootdir=D:\ /offwindir=D:\Windows\
Get Service Pack 1
- Go to Start Menu & type Windows update
- Click on Windows update from the search results
- Click on Check for updates in the left hand side pane
- Select Service Pack 1 from the recommended updates section
- It is recommended to set Windows Update to receive all critical updates automatically
- Fully Update your computer
Delete Bootcat.cache file
Delete Bootcat.cache file as the first solution from Microsoft in a CodeIntegrity folder, so, we will start with deleting this file from CodeIntegrity . Bootcat.cache file is a file located at following location C:\Windows\Ssystem32\Codeintegrity. By default, Windows is installed on C: partition and default name is a Local Disk (C:). We will show you how to delete Bootcat.cache file on Windows 7 Enterprise x64. If you are using another operating system, from Windows 2000 to Windows 10, you can follow the same procedure to solve issues with BSOD 0x0000006B. You will need to boot your computer to proper Windows operating system. Use DVD or USB flash drive to boot your computer. You should burn Windows ISO file to DVD or USB Flash drive. If you do not know how to burn ISO file to your USB flash drive, please read instructions on this LINK.
- Insert the Windows 7 installation DVD disk or USB flash drive
- Restart your Windows
- Boot your computer from the DVD drive or USB flash drive
- Enter your language and other preferences and click Next to continue
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.