Updated March 2024: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
No, this is not the title of a Perry Mason novel, but a problem that can occur when using the Windows 7 Media Center gadget to list content stored in the Recorded TV folder.
p style=’text-align : justify;’>p style=’text-align : justify;’>In such a scenario, the gadget can display a rotating cursor and not work. In this state, the behavior remains the same through restarts and restarts of the gadget, without a workaround solution being recognizable.
There are two ways to work around this problem and restore the Windows Media Center gadget functionality :
- Open the Windows Media Center gadget.
- Move the mouse pointer over the gadget, then click the key icon to the right of the Properties window.
- Delete the New TV recordings option.
- Click the OK button.
The media center gadget should now be usable for other functions like music, images and Internet TV. However, you can no longer use it to browse recorded television content.
- Exit Windows Media Center application and Media Center gadget.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the ProgramDataMicrosofteHome folder. Note that the ProgramData folder is hidden by default and you may need to display it. This can be done in the Tag browser via Organize->Folders and Search Options, select the View tab and select the Show hidden files, folders and drives option.
- Rename the file mcepg2-0.db to mcepg2-0.dbx. If there are other files in the folder with the same *.db extension, rename them too.
- Start the Windows Media Center gadget and make sure that the rotating cursor no longer appears and that you can list the recorded TV content.
- Restart the Windows Media Center application and reconfigure Media Center for scheduled recording, continuous shooting, custom channel configuration, etc.
Should help !
Delivered by KB2400410.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here