RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Currently, many users get an Xbox 0x800401fb error when they try to open the game console. So if you find the same thing that spoils your game plan on your device, don’t worry. 0x800401fb is a generic MS code for a failed update that will not lead you into a game or application on your Xbox.
Xbox is very popular with gamers, but several bugs and problems make this console frustrating. These bugs not only waste your playback time, but they also put your entire media center in the background to some extent. Although Microsoft is working very hard to solve them, most of the problems in Xbox are still there. Therefore, you must find the appropriate solution to the problem.
- Whatever you did, try again. Sometimes something disturbs normal actions.
- Restart your Xbox: Press and hold the Xbox button on your controller and select Turn Off the console.
- Perform a deeper restart: Press and hold the power switch on the front of your Xbox for 10 seconds.
- If you are trying to use a game or application, uninstall and reinstall it.
- As a last resort, you can try to reset your Xbox. This will reinstall the console’s operating system. Depending on your network, this may take some time.
- Press the Xbox key to open the instructions, then go to Settings > System > Console Information > Reset Console.
Checking the status of Xbox servers
Before making any of the other corrections, let’s consider the possibility that the problem is out of your control. It is also possible that the 0x800401fb error may occur because there is a problem with Xbox Live services.
To verify this statement, click on the link and see if the Xbox Live core services are down or temporarily unavailable due to a maintenance period.
Solving video playback problems
If you experience this problem on a Windows 10 computer, you may encounter some kind of file corruption that prevents your operating system from playing back a normal video.
Fortunately, Windows 10 includes highly effective automated repair strategies for these types of problems. Some users who also have difficulty correcting the 0x800401fb error have been able to solve the problem by performing a video playback troubleshooting and asking this utility to recommend and deploy the appropriate solution to the problem.
If the problem you are experiencing is already covered by a Windows repair strategy, the following procedure should automatically solve the problem for you.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.