RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
The update KB4486996 was published as part of the Patch Tuesday edition for February 2019. However, some users report that the new update KB4487017 or KB4486996 remained blocked at 0% or 99%. For some others, the update of Windows 10 KB4487017 or KB4486996 could not install the error 0x80d06802.
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system functions are introduced in this update. Some of the most important changes are:
- Fixed an issue where the value of LmCompatibilityLevel was not correctly defined. LmCompatibilityThe level specifies the authentication mode and security of the session.
- Fix a problem that may prevent applications that use a Microsoft Jet database with the Microsoft Access 97 file format from opening. This problem occurs when the database has column names longer than 32 characters. The database does not open with the Unrecognized Database Format error.
- Adds support for top-level domains to the HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) preload for
- Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11.
- Fix a problem that prevents Microsoft Edge from loading web pages via a local IP address or VPN connection.
- Security updates for Microsoft Scripting Engine, Internet Explorer, Windows App Platform and
- Frameworks, Windows Graphics, Windows Input and Composition, Microsoft Edge, Windows
- Wireless Networking, Windows Server and Microsoft JET Database Engine.
Disable the antivirus and start Windows into clean boot state
Disable the security software or virus protection (if installed), check for updates, install available updates, and then enable your virus protection.
Starting your computer properly can also help. When third-party software that causes conflicts download and install Windows updates. Here’s how to do it:
Go to the search box > type msconfig.
Select System configuration > go to the Services tab.
Select Hide all Microsoft services > Disable all.
Go to the Start tab > Open Task Manager > Disable all unnecessary services running there. Restart your computer and check for updates.
Resetting Windows components
1. Press Windows + X and select Command prompt (Admin).
2. stop BITS, Cryptography, MSI Installer and Windows Update Services.
Then type the following commands at the command prompt and press Enter after entering each command:
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
network stop bits
net stop msiserver
3. Rename the SoftwareDistribution and Cartoot2 folder. Then type the following command at the command prompt and press Enter after each type:
net start wuauserv
Starting the cryptSvc network
network start bits
net start msiserver
At the command prompt, enter Exit and restart the PC.
You can then try again to install new updates of Windows 10 with new features on your PC.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance