RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
If you no longer want to receive email from a particular account in the Mail app for Windows 10, you can either delete the account and remove it from the application or disable email for that account. Deleting or removing an account from either application will also delete all calendars associated with that account.
Deleting accounts in Microsoft Outlook and Windows Mail is a simple task. When you delete the account, you stop accessing the account in that application and delete locally stored data, but you do not delete the account itself or the messages it contains.
If you accidentally added an email account on your Windows 10 computer, or if you no longer want to use the email ID you added, you can delete the account and the email application from your PC. This will make your email application less cumbersome. You can add almost any email account to the Mail application, including Outlook.com, Office 365, Google Account, Yahoo, iCloud, etc., and enable synchronization.
Remove an Email Account from the Windows 10 Mail App
To remove an email account from the email application in Windows 10
- Open the mail application. In the left pane, right-click the e-mail account that you want to remove from the mail application, and then click Account Settings.
- On the Account Settings page, click the Delete account from this device option.
- Next, you will see a confirmation screen that says, “If you delete this account, all associated content will be deleted from this device. Are you sure you want to continue? Message.
- Click the “Delete” button to remove the account from the Windows 10 Mail application.
- Once this is done, you will receive a message “Your account has been successfully deleted”.
If you Just Want to Disable an Email Account
If you want to disable email for an account, either because you cannot delete the default account or because you want to use an account only for your calendar, you can change the account’s synchronization settings.
- Select Settings in the lower left corner.
- Note If you are using a phone or tablet, select the More Info icon at the bottom of the page to display the Settings option.
- Select Manage accounts and then select the account from which you no longer wish to receive email.
- Select Change mailbox synchronization settings, and then scroll down to Synchronization options.
- Use the “Email” slider to deactivate the “Email” option, then select “Done > Save”.
If you do not want to use an e-mail account in the mail application, you can delete it from there. You can follow these step-by-step instructions to remove an e-mail account from the Windows 10 Mail application. You can also delete the account from the calendar application.
If you follow all these steps, your email account will be deleted from your computer along with any synchronized content. No matter how many email accounts you have added to the email application, you can delete all of them by following the same steps.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.