Updated July 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
This SMITE in-game error appears after starting the game and being redirected to the login screen. An “Incorrect or Missing Configuration” error message is displayed after a login attempt, preventing players from starting and playing the game.
The SMITE video game can be downloaded either from a standalone launcher or from Steam. However, some of the methods target Steam and others target non-Steam players. Please follow the methods below to resolve this issue.
Check your antivirus
Sometimes the problem can be caused by third-party antivirus software. Therefore, you should temporarily disable the antivirus software.
If the problem persists, uninstall the antivirus program. After that, open Smite or install the game and see if the problem is resolved.
Make sure Hi-Rez Studios authentication and update services are working
Some people have complained that they can’t install the game on Windows 10 because of this problem. Therefore, you must activate Hi-rez Studios authentication and update services at the same time.
Follow the steps below to perform them.
- First, run the “Run” window by pressing the Windows and R keys at the same time. Now type “services.msc” in the “Run” field and press the Enter key.
- After that, the “Services” window will appear on the system screen. Then refer to the list to learn more about the Hi-Rez Studios authentication and update service.
- Right-click it, then select the “Start” button from the drop-down list.
After that, try installing Smite again and see if there is a problem with Smite, missing configuration or not.
Create a new user account
- Open the Settings app using the Windows + I shortcut.
- In the Settings app, go to Accounts.
- In the left pane, select Family and Others. Now click “Add another one to this computer” in the right-hand area.
- Select “I don’t have this person’s credentials.”
- Now select Add users without a Microsoft account.
- Enter the desired username and click Next.
Sometimes problems with Smite can be caused by your account. Several users have stated that they have solved the problem by simply creating a new user account.
This is fairly easy to do in Windows 10, and you can do it by following the steps above.
Once you’ve created a new account, go to it and see if the problem persists. If not, you will need to move your personal files to the new account and use it instead of the old one.
Install or uninstall the Hirez service
Sometimes this service is not installed properly on users’ computers, and they can’t do anything about the Smite installation, causing this error to show up early. In other cases, the service seems to be corrupted and you need to uninstall it and let the game install itself.
- Once the game is installed in Steam, open your Steam client, click the “Library” tab in the Steam window, and find Smite in the list of your games in your library.
- Right-click the game and select “Properties,” which appears in the context menu at the top. In the “Properties” window, click the “Local Files” tab and select “Browse Local Files.
- If the game was not installed through Steam, find the game shortcut on the desktop, right-click it and select “Open file location” from the context menu that appears. If you don’t have a desktop shortcut, manually navigate to the game’s installation folder (C >> Programs >> Smite) if you didn’t change it.
- You can also find it in the Start menu by typing “Smite” in the open Start menu, right-clicking on the “Smite” entry and selecting the “Open File” location.
- Go to Binaries >> Redist and double-click to open the executable file InstallHiRezService.exe. Once the service is installed, you will need to remove it from the executable file. If it is not installed, install it before running the game again.
- The game should complete the installation of the service before launching it. So check if you are playing the game correctly now.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.