Last Updated on July 15, 2022
Updated August 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
If you can’t print on a network printer, can’t install or connect to a network printer and get the error message “Operation failed with error 0x00011b”, or get error 0x00011b when trying to print on a network printer in Windows 10, read on to find out how to solve the problem. This guide contains instructions on how to fix Windows error 0x00011b when adding a network printer in Windows 10.
What causes the ‘Operation failed to work with error 0x00011b’ network printer error
Error 0x00011b usually occurs on networks used at home or in small offices. Since this error occurs on a computer that is trying to connect to a printer over a network, we can immediately assume that the cause of this error extends to two computers. The first computer is the client computer where you are trying to access the printer, and the second computer is the host computer where the printer is installed.
On the client computer, this error is usually caused by certain Windows updates. Recently, it has been found that some Windows updates, which are supposed to fix security gaps in printers, make it difficult to connect to network printers. On the host computer, this error can be caused by certain registry values and problems with the print spooler.
How to resolve the ‘Failed to operate with error 0x00011b’ network printer problem
Run the printer troubleshooter
Windows 10 comes with a built-in printer troubleshooter that can help you identify and fix common printing problems. To use the printer troubleshooter, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app by pressing the Windows key + I on your keyboard.
- Click Devices.
- Click Printers & scanners.
- Under “Printing”, click Run the troubleshooter.
- Follow the prompts to complete the troubleshooting process.
If the troubleshooter doesn’t fix your printing problem, you can also try updating your printer drivers or resetting your printer.
Add the printer manually by its IP address
Windows 10 offers a built-in tool that lets you easily add a printer using its IP address. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Control Panel and select ” Devices and Printers.”
- Click “Add a printer.”
- Select “Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.”
- Choose the printer from the list of available printers. If the printer is not listed, click “The printer that I want isn’t listed.”
- Enter the IP address of the printer into the “Hostname or IP address” field and click “Next.”
- Windows will now install the necessary drivers for the printer and you should be able to print from it.
Install any pending updates
Windows 10 offers its users a lot of features and security updates. However, installing these updates can be a hassle for some. This is why we have created a list of steps on how to install pending updates on Windows 10 automatically.
- The first step is to go to the Start Menu and click on the cog icon. From there, select ‘Update & Security’.
- Next, click on the ‘Windows Update’ tab and then select ‘Check for Updates’.
- Windows will now check for any pending updates and install them automatically.
- Finally, restart your computer to complete the process.
By following these simple steps, you can make sure that your Windows 10 computer is always up-to-date with the latest security patches and features.
Run the SFC scan
A system file checker is a handy tool that can be used to scan for and repair corrupt files on your Windows 10 computer.
- To use the SFC scan, open the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- In the Command Prompt, type “sfc /scannow” and press Enter.
- The scan will take some time to complete, and you may see some on-screen activity as it progresses.
- Once the scan is finished, you’ll see a message indicating whether or not any problems were found.
- If no problems were found, then you can rest assured that your system is healthy.
- However, if problems were found, then you’ll need to take additional steps to fix them.
- For more information on how to use the SFC scan, consult the Windows help documentation.
Run the DISM tool
The DISM tool is a powerful utility that can be used to repair or update Windows 10 images.
- Open the Command Prompt as an administrator. You can do this by searching for “Command Prompt” in the Start menu, and then right-clicking on the result and selecting “Run as administrator.”
- Type DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and press Enter. This will scan your system for errors and attempt to fix them.
- Wait for the process to complete. This can take anywhere from a few minutes to a couple of hours, depending on the severity of the errors.
- Once the process is finished, type Exit and press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.
- Restart your computer and check to see if the issue has been resolved. If not, you can try running the DISM tool again with the /ScanHealth switch instead of /Restorehealth. This will perform a more thorough scan of your system, but it will also take longer to complete.
If your network printer isn’t working, there are a few options for you to try. The first step is to use the built-in troubleshooter to address common printing concerns. If that doesn’t work, you can install any pending updates or execute the SFC scan to fix corrupt files on your computer.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
Frequently Asked Questions
There are a few different things that you can try if your network printer isn't working properly. The first step is to run the built-in troubleshooter, which can help fix common printing problems. If that doesn't work, you can try installing any pending updates or running the SFC scan to repair corrupt files on your computer.
There are a few things you can try if your Windows 10 computer is having trouble connecting to a printer. The first step is to use the built-in troubleshooter, which may help with most printing issues. You can also try reinstalling any pending updates or performing the SFC scan to repair damaged files if that doesn't work.
There could be a few different reasons why you're unable to connect to a network printer. The first step is to make sure that the printer is turned on and connected to the network. If it is, then you can try using the built-in troubleshooter or reinstalling any pending updates.