Update: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
Mobile apps can run on desktop computers, but you need an emulator to do so. An emulator is an application that runs on a desktop computer and provides mobile apps with an environment similar to that of a mobile device. Mobile apps can be downloaded and installed into an emulator app, which can then run on the desktop computer.
Bluestacks is a popular Android emulator that can run Android apps on Windows and macOS. It supports a wide range of applications, including popular games. It can also run Snapchat. If you are trying to install or run Snapchat but it doesn’t work, try the following solutions.
Why doesn’t Snapchat work on Bluestacks?
The main reason why you can’t use Snapchat on Bluestacks is the lack of support. In this case, the error message will tell you the exact reason why you cannot use Snapchat on Bluestacks. The latest version of Bluestacks (Bluestacks 3) does not support Snapchat. For some reason, the developers of Snapchat do not allow its use in the new version of Bluestacks. A simple solution to this problem is to use the previous version of Bluestacks.
How to solve the problem when Snapchat doesn’t work in Bluestacks?
Install an older version of Bluestacks
- Press the Windows + R keys to open “Run”.
- Type appwiz.CPL and press OK to open the Control Panel.
- Select Bluestacks from the list of installed applications.
- Click the Uninstall button. Confirm the action by clicking Yes.
- Download the old version of Bluestacks.
- Run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Using the beta version of Snapchat
- Open the Snapchat app on your Android phone.
- Tap the Settings icon (the gear icon).
- Scroll down and select Join Snapchat Beta.
- Scroll down to the More section.
- Click the Join Snapchat Beta button.
- Consider me participating!
- Close the Snapchat app on your phone.
Use other emulators
If you don’t want to waste time troubleshooting your existing emulator, the fastest way is to change it. We recommend choosing a free and popular alternative.
Frequently Asked Questions
A simple solution to this problem is to use an older version of Bluestacks. After installation, start the Bluestacks player and try installing Snapchat again. The app should work as before. If the problem persists and the workaround doesn't work, try using an older version of Snapchat.
- Open the Snapchat app on your phone and log into your account.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Scroll down and select the "Join Snapchat Beta" option under "Advanced".
- Now download the app from Bluestacks and sign in.
- The beta will be deployed automatically.
- Update the app: Open Google Play from the BlueStacks home screen.
- Stop the app: open the "System apps" folder on the BlueStacks start screen.
- Clear the app cache: Open the "System apps" folder on the BlueStacks home screen.
- Go to bluestacks.com/download and download Bluestacks.
- Select Download BluStacks to download the BlueStacks installer.
- Double click on the .exe file that you downloaded to your computer. An installation window will appear.
- Once the installation is complete, BlueStacks will open automatically.