RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
After Tomboy, a powerful and universally usable text editor, we found another alternative to Notepad : EditPad Lite. With the organization of notes and other bits of information, the program supports many editing and text conversion functions.
The program processes any type of text file and has all the essential functions that can be expected from a simple text editor. Compatible with Windows 7, Vista, XP, EditPad Lite works as a cool replacement for Windows Notepad.
The user can freely choose the colors, font size and appearance of the program. The selection of cursor size, color, flashing style and other options has been adjusted.
You can also open as many files in EditPad Lite at once, switch between open files by clicking on their tabs and even cancel changes after saving them until they are closed.
EditPad is always visible in the taskbar, even when it is closed. The new EditPad Lite 7 is a 5.9 MB file that facilitates installation and uninstallation. To install the application, simply follow the steps below.
- Download and run the installation program
- Select the option’Create a portable installation’.
- Select’Treat all disks as removable disks’ and save them to your preferred disk. The program stores in the root directory of this drive.
- Optionally Move EditPadLite from the root directory to a folder of your choice.
- Launch EditPadLite7.exe
EditPad Lite is free for personal use only and can be downloaded without payment or registration. Companies and public authorities must acquire a user licence.
Features in brief :
- Support for large files and long lines
- Automatic backups and working copies prevent data loss
- Tabbed interface for working with many files
- Full Unicode support, including complex scripts and right-to-left scripts
Download : EditPad Lite.
Go here if you are looking for other Notepad alternatives for Windows.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance