Updated May 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Read : Configure VPN connection under Windows 10
Configure VPN connection
This tutorial shows you how to configure your Windows 10/8/7 computer to accept VPN connections.
May 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
- Open Control Panel > Network and Share Center
- Click Change Adapter Settings.
- Press Alt + F and click New Incoming Connection
- A wizard opens. In the first step, select the users you want to allow access to your connection
- Mark Via Internet and click Next.
- Select the protocols to connect and double-click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- as shown in the image below. Click OK.
- You now see the last step of the wizard. Click Close to close it – but don’t forget to write the computer name as it will be used when you log in
That’s all! You have configured your own VPN connection. Now let’s see how to configure the Windows firewall.
Configure firewall to accept connections
- Go to Control Panel > Windows Firewall
- Click Advanced Settings in the left menu
- Now Click Input Rules. Then click the Actions menu and click New Rule…..
- An assistant opens. In the first step, select Port and click Next .
- Select TCP. In the Specific ports deleted box, type 1723 and click Next .
- Now select the Allow connection option and click Next again.
- Apply rule to all
- In the Name and Description fields, enter anything you want and click Finish.
Now that you have configured your Windows firewall to accept connections. You must also configure the router. I can’t explain all router settings because they differ from router to router, but I can help by giving you some tips – enable PPTP and GRE (Generic Route Encapsulation) on the router, or enable PPTP, or create a port to port 1723. If your router has an additional setting for PPTP or VPN, make sure it is enabled. Your computer is now ready to receive the VPN connection.
I hope you enjoyed the tutorial.
This document covers some common VPN error codes for troubleshooting and solutions.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here