Updated December 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
This week, a new final version based on Chrom 77 was released. The build number is 126.96.36.199 and brings some changes already known since the construction of the Canaries, but also some new ones.
It should be noted that from now on, we will only see constructions based on Chromium 78.
The latest Microsoft Edge browser based on Chromium offers the integrated Microsoft Translator service. Microsoft Translator is a multilingual translation service created and maintained by Microsoft. Its engine is used in several of the company’s products, including Bing, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Edge, Skype and more.
Chromium Edge includes a native feature that brings Microsoft Translator into the browser instead of the Google Translator service that is disabled in this new Edge application.
New features and new behaviors:
- Added the possibility to never translate pages located in a specific language.
- Adding a shortcut key for the ………. key Menu added on Mac.
- Added a button to enlarge the feedback screenshot editor window.
- Added the ability to resize the feedback diagnostic data window.
- Added group policies that allow companies to manage SmartScreen.
Corrections for better reliability:
- Fixed a crash during the first run.
- Fixed a crash when entering in the address bar.
- Fixed an issue where the browser would crash at startup.
- Fixed a crash when using the integrated translator.
- Fixed an issue where opening the feedback form would cause the browser to crash.
- Fixed an issue where opening the preferences page sometimes caused the browser to crash.
- Fixed an issue where websites using single sign-on sometimes block the browser.
Corrections for improved behaviour:
- Modified where links between applications/websites are pinned based on how the application/website is installed.
- Fixed some problems with the shortcut that was pinned on the taskbar and didn’t display the correct icon or profile.
- Fixed an issue where entering in the address bar sometimes caused the completed address to be automatically loaded.
- Fixed a problem where videos were sometimes hidden on some pages like Netflix.
- Fixed an issue where the print preview did not always display all pages.
- Fixed an issue where deleted search engines were displayed the next time the browser was open.
- Fixed an issue where invalid data was displayed as automatically filled pop-up windows (e. g. email fields displayed pop-up windows with general data that did not contain valid email addresses).
- Fixed an issue where the light or dark design was not correctly applied to system pages (favorites, preferences, etc.) on Mac.
- Fixed a problem on Mac where the X to close a tab was not always visible.
- Fixed an issue where connection pop-ups did not always display the correct window icon and title.
- Fixed an issue where the browser login dialog box was not large enough to match its content.
The compilation is now available as an update for Dev Channel users on the About Edge page, but you can also find it on the daily Canary Channel channel.
It should be noted that it is available for several versions of Windows and even for macOS. If you want to get your hands on it, you can download it from the official Microsoft website.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.