If you can’t connect to the Internet because of the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG error, which indicates a DNS-related error, don’t worry. The error message lets you know it’s a DNS error.
If your Internet connection is not working properly or your DNS server is not responding, this error occurs. Follow the instructions below and you should be able to access websites again.
What causes dns_probe_finished_bad_config in Windows 10?
- Corrupted files.
- Problematic firewall.
- Changed router settings.
- Inadvertently changed network settings.
- Improperly installed anti-virus software.
- Browser plugin(s) that may be interfering with IP/DNS.
How to fix dns_probe_finished_bad_config in Windows 10?
Delete browser data
- Open the browser.
- Go to the “Settings” section.
- Now search for “Browser Data”, “History” or “Browser Data”.
- From here you can delete cookies and browsing data from your browser.