Update: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
This type of Canon 5011 error is usually caused by a problem with the cartridge holder jamming inside. This printer problem prevents users from scanning. To solve this problem, there are several troubleshooting steps to take.
However, applying these solutions is quite difficult. The problem can also occur due to a manufacturing error. Here are some solutions that you can apply to fix the Canon printer error with error code 5011.
What causes Canon printer error 5011?
Canon printer error 5011 can occur in your Canon printer because of the paper of all the objects that are left in the printer. Therefore, if this error occurs in your printer, you should check the inside of the printer to see if there is anything left inside the printer.
How to fix a Canon 5011 printer error?
Perform a reset
- Unplug the printer’s power cord and the USB cable connected to the PC.
- Leave the printer off for at least three minutes.
- After three minutes, reconnect the power cord and USB cable and turn the printer back on.
This will clear any incorrect configuration and force the printer to add a new configuration.
Removing and Reinstalling the Cartridge
- Try removing the cartridge and carefully reinstalling it.
- You can also try cleaning the encoder strip on the back of the printer.
- Reinstall the cartridge after cleaning the encoder and making sure there are no foreign objects inside the printer.
- Turn on the printer and verify that the error is corrected.
If the problem persists, take the printer to an authorized service center for repair.
Check the cartridge
Turn off the printer and check to see if a piece of paper or other object is stuck in the printer and blocking the cartridge. Even a small object can cause this error. So, examine the printer carefully.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Unplug the printer and leave it off for 3 minutes, then turn it back on and check. If this does not work, turn it off again.
- Lift up the printer cover, including the scanner. With the cover open, turn the printer back on.
- Then close the lid and see if that solves the problem.
- Change the port settings.
- Make sure your printer is connected to the network.
- Reinstall the printer driver.
- Set the print spooler service to automatic.
- Update Windows.
- Turn on your printer.
- Press and hold down the Stop/Reset button.
- Press and hold down the button you are using to create a color copy.
- Wait 5 seconds.
- The printer will restart and set up.
- The printer now indicates that the machine needs to be calibrated.
- You have reset the printer settings.