Update: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
Hard drive 1 fast 303 is a system diagnostic error issued by HP System Diagnostics. This error usually occurs after an accident with an HP laptop or laptop computers, such as a fall on the floor or a severe shock. When you start the HP computer, it does not boot properly and redirects you to the diagnostic system. After running a self-test of the primary hard drive, you will see a “Hard drive fast 303” error. Sometimes you may also see a “Hard drive 1 full 305” error.
According to HP, the “Hard Drive 1 full 301” error indicates that the hard drive may have failed. Therefore, you need to replace the hard drive. If your computer is under warranty, you should contact HP support and ask them to replace the hard drive. Otherwise, you should back up important data on the hard drive using HP Recovery Disk before the situation worsens, and then purchase the hard drive to replace it yourself. If you don’t have a recovery disk, you can use free hard drive backup software.
What causes Hard Disk 1 Quick (303) error in Windows?
Several reasons can cause hard disk error 303. Below we will look at some of these errors.
- It could be a faulty IDE/SATA controller chip on the motherboard.
- If the hard drive is physically damaged
- A virus attack may have occurred.
- If there is a SMART hard drive check error
- BIOS may be improperly configured or outdated.
- Accidental Disconnection
You need to fix the SMART drive error, regardless of the cause. You need this important device.
How to fix the “Hard Disk 1 Quick (303)” error in Windows
Prepare a recovery disk
A recovery disk containing your system files can help you in this situation.
( Take note: You will need a removable hard drive with at least 16 GB of storage. This removable drive will be the recovery drive. However, it must be completely blank ).
- Insert the USB drive.
- Enter “recovery drive” in the search box.
- Then click on “recovery drive” to open it.
- Once the recovery drive opens, click “Next.”
- When the “Select USB Flash Drive” screen appears, select the drive from the “Available Drive(s)” section.
- Then click “Next” to continue.
- Click “Create” and wait for the process to complete.
This should help you solve the problem.
Try replacing the drive(s)
If the above solution didn’t help you solve the problem, then the hard drive has failed. In this case, we recommend contacting the manufacturer’s support first. Otherwise, just buy a new hard drive or SDD and replace the old one.
Check your Windows drive
The Windows disk checker can check and fix any hard drive problem.
To do this, you need to access the Windows recovery environment. Perform the following steps:
- First of all, completely shut down your computer.
- After making sure that the computer is turned off, press the power button once.
- When you see the computer boot up, press and hold the power button for 5 seconds to completely shut down the device.
- Repeat this forced shutdown boot process twice, and on the third time, allow the system to boot normally.
- You will notice the Auto Repair window appear.
- When the “Auto Repair” window appears, click “Advanced Options”.
- In the “Choose a Parameter” window, simply click on “Troubleshooting”.
- Next, you need to click on “Advanced Options.”
- Simply bring up the “Command Prompt” screen. Then click on “Command Prompt.”
- In the next window, select your administrator account.
- Then enter your account password in the corresponding field to log in.
- Then press the Next button.
- When prompted, enter this code and press Enter.
CHKDSK drive letter:
- Replace “drive letter:” with the drive letter on which Windows is installed.
Example – In this case, the command
- This process will take some time.
- Wait patiently. When it is 100% complete, close the Terminal.
- Start the system as usual. Check if you still see error code 303.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Turn off or turn off the computer. Do NOT put it in standby mode.
- Disconnect the computer from the main power line.
- Remove the battery.
- Use System File Checker to fix your hard disk error. Windows provides some basic tools to fix the error, such as System File Checker.
- Run CHKDSK to fix the hard disk problem.
- Use partition management software to check and fix hard drive/disk errors.
- Install and run the app.
- Click the Scan Now button to detect problems and anomalies.
- Click the Fix All button to fix the problems.
A Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) See Other Redirect Status response code 303 indicates that the redirects do not point to the newly uploaded resources, but to another page (such as a confirmation page or a download progress page). This response code is usually returned as a result of a PUT or POST.