Update: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
The file Gdi32full.dll is a dynamic link library (DLL), used by various programs. So what is a DLL file? A DLL is the concept of shared libraries implemented by Microsoft in Windows and OS/2 operating systems. They usually end with the extension DLL, DRV or OCX. The DLL file format is similar to the Windows EXE file format.
You might be working on your computer and suddenly you get a message on your screen saying, “This application could not be started because gdi32.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may solve this problem.” Most people have no idea what this means. Honestly, it doesn’t really matter what it means. Some of this information is very complicated and difficult to understand if you are not a computer expert. But since you are facing this error, I think we need to explain some basics so you know where you are.
Gdi32full.dll is a component of Microsoft’s graphical device interface in Windows. So it is necessary for your graphics and video displays, as well as your printer, to work. This causes some programs in Windows to refuse to start. No need to panic, because in this article we will show you how to fix the .dll error that is missing or not found.
What is the cause of the Gdi32full.dll Is Missing error?
There are several reasons that cause the “GDI32FULL.DLL” error message to appear. GDI32FULL.DLL is an important component for some Windows applications, and the error message is a sign that the file is damaged or missing, which affects the operation of the program. It can be caused by malware, improper installation, faulty programs, registry problems, etc.
An error message related to GDI32FULL.DLL indicates that the file is corrupt or missing. Common error messages related to GDI32FULL.DLLs include:
- The program cannot be started because GDI32FULL.DLL is missing on your computer.
- Error loading GDI32FULL.DLL. The specified module could not be found.
- There was a problem running GDI32FULL.DLL.
- GDI32FULL.DLL could not be found.
- GDI32FULL.DLL cannot be registered.
How to repair the Gdi32full.dll Is Missing error?
Scan the files with the system file checker
- Under Windows Search, search for cmd, and under Command Prompt, click Run as administrator to run the application with elevated privileges.
- Before running the SFC scan, type the following and press Enter:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth.
- Then type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- After the scan is complete, you may see a message on the command line saying that Windows Resource Protection has found and successfully recovered the corrupted files.
- Restart Windows if WRP has recovered the files.
Reinstall the program that caused the Gdi32full.dll error
- Open the Win + X menu and select Run.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run text box and click OK.
- Select the program you want to reinstall and click Uninstall.
- Click Yes to confirm further.
- Restart Windows after uninstalling the software.
- Then reinstall the software using the latest version wizard.
- Download the latest version from the software’s website.
A clean Windows 10 startup
- Press the Windows + R key combination to open the Run accessory.
- Type msconfig in the text box and click OK.
- Click the Services tab.
- Select the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox, and then click Disable all.
- Then select the General tab.
- Click the Selective Start radio button.
- Clear the Load Startup Items check box.
- Select the two options to Load System Services and Use Original Boot Configuration.
- Click the Apply and OK buttons.
- Then click Restart in the System Configuration dialog box that opens.
Restore Windows 10 to a restore point
- Open Run by pressing the Windows + R key combination.
- Type rstrui and click OK.
- In the System Restore window, click Next.
- Select Show other restore points and select a date for resetting Windows from the listed restore points.
- You can click the Check affected programs button to see which programs will be removed for the restore point.
- Click Next and Done to confirm the selected restore point.
If the Gdi32full.dll system error does not occur when you open the program after a reboot, it must be caused by a third-party background program.
Frequently Asked Questions
Gdi32full.dll is considered the GDI client DLL file type. It is most commonly used in the Microsoft® Windows® operating system developed by Microsoft. It uses the DLL file extension and is considered a Win32 DLL (Dynamic-link library) file.
- Restore gdi32.dll from trash
- Run sfc/scannow System File Checker command to replace the missing or corrupted copy of gdi32.
- Check the entire system for viruses or malware.
- Use system restore to undo any recent changes to the system.
- Reinstall the program that uses gdi32.
The easiest way to fix a missing .dll file error is to reboot your computer. Often there are cache problems that are automatically solved by rebooting.
GDI32.DLL exports GDI (Graphics Device Interface) functions that perform primitive drawing functions for output to video displays and printers. For example, it is used in the XP version of Paint.