Updated March 2024: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
Users report encountering the UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION error on the blue screen of death (BSOD) after the Anniversary Update, which is quite annoying. The update is supposed to fix Windows problems, not create new ones. The main reason for the BSOD error “Unexpected Store Exception” seems to be your antivirus program, but there are other reasons, but it seems to be a common problem for many users.
What is the cause of the unexpected memory exclusion?
- Reimage recovery error
- No bootable device error.
- BSOD (Blue Screen of Death)
- Windows Surface Pro problem
- Error problem on your Windows PC
How to troubleshoot the “Unexpected Store Exception” error?
Launch the system file checker
- Press the Windows + X key.
- Click Command Prompt (administrator).
- When it opens, type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
This will start the scan. When it is finished, a message will be displayed. It may say, “No integrity violations detected,” which means that everything is fine.
Disable your antivirus program
- Press the Windows + I keys to open settings.
- Go to Update and Security -> Windows Security -> Virus and Threat Protection.
- Under Virus and Threat Protection Settings, click Manage Settings.
- Set real-time protection to Off.
Alternatively, if you use third-party antivirus software, you can remove it completely. Press the Windows + I keys to open Settings and go to Applications. Find your antivirus program in the list, click on it, then click Uninstall.
Disable Quick Launch
- Press the Windows + R key to open Settings.
- Click System -> Power and Standby.
- Under Related Options, click Advanced Power Options.
- Click Select what the power buttons do.
- You might need to click Change settings that are not currently available.
- Uncheck Enable Quick Start (recommended).
- Click Save Changes.
Update the screen driver
- Press the Windows + X key and click Device Manager.
- Double-click Display Adapter. Your video card will be displayed.
- Right-click on the result and select Uninstall Device. Confirm and restart your computer.
- Press the Windows + I key combination to open Settings and click Update and Security.
- Click Check for updates. Windows should automatically find the latest driver and update the system.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
Frequently Asked Questions
UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION is a shutdown error in Windows 11/10 that indicates that a storage component threw an unexpected exception.
- Check the status of your hard drive.
- Update the display driver.
- Run a system file scan.
- Disable your antivirus program.
- Disable quick startup.
This error often indicates that you are using a faulty hard drive. Even if the error says "Good," it's worth replacing the drive if you have a spare - the most common cause of the "Unexpected Memory Exception" shutdown code is a faulty hard drive. If the error no longer occurs with another drive, then you've found the problem.
An Unexpected Store Exception is a blue screen of death (BSOD). There are different versions and different error messages depending on the cause of the error or your PC model. A common error message sounds like this: "Your computer has encountered a problem and needs to be rebooted.